A lot has been updated in terms of the art assets for the game.
- win and lose cards have been redesigned to include a cartoon character of Little Newton either achieving victory or getting distracted by toys
- Little Newton’s main character model has been re-rigged (given a new skeleton) in 3DS Max to account for a rigging issue found in Maya when exported. He now has a motion to throw and will have a side stepping motion as well
- Little Newton has also been UV’d and textured for the game as well
- A toy chest has been created and textured to give the toys a “spawn point”
- A new tree has been put into the dropbox to place in the background long with the bushes
- New GUI buttons and indicators have also been created in Photoshop to give the GUI more color and differentiation
A new issue has risen with the exportation of the model. The number of vertices tripled and is causing a minor issue in the game. This will be looked into this week.